You have to dream hard, wish big and chase after your goals. Because no one else is going to do it for you.
Dream:- a cherished aspiration, ambition or ideal.
Goal:- the object of a person’s ambition or effort; an aim or desired result.
Last night while sleeping I had this weird dream, I was kidnapped by some aliens and then they took me to their planet by their spaceship. But, when I woke up in the morning I was still in my bed with my Bru(teddy).
Everyone dreams and most people have goals wherein a goal is a desired result that a person envisions, plans and commits to achieve. Whatever goal you give to your subconscious mind, it will work night and day to achieve it. A small girl aspires to become a doctor (That’s her goal).
“If you are bored with life, if you don’t get up every morning with a burning desire to do things, you don’t have enough goals.’
– Lou Holtz
Difference between dreams and goals
Dreams and goals are not similar. Dreams are the part of goals whereas vice-versa in not true.
Dreams don’t come true. If you want to change your life forever, set some goals instead of dream about it. Dreams will not make you big whereas goals will surely make you that.
The differences are:-
- Dreams are easy and imaginary whereas goals are all about actions. They are like small steps towards making you goals come true.
- You dream while sleeping and you can never set your goals while you are in sleep.
- Dreams can inspire you but goals can change your life. Dreaming of becoming a doctor will not make you one, for that you have to set goals and become a doctor.
- Goals require hard work and the person should be passionate to achieve his/her goals whereas dreams just require your imagination. No one is stopping you of dreaming ‘a romantic date with Ryan Reynolds’. 😀
- Dreams are free of cost but goals are not, they require your hard work.
Who is stopping you ?
If kissing a random guy is in your list of goals or you want to travel all alone or you want to enjoy a one night stand, then go achieve all this. No one is stopping you. If you think that what others will speak about you, it doesn’t matter. It’s your life and you don’t want to waste it in thinking about what others will speak about you. Take a pen and a notepad, list all your goals you want to achieve in your life. You just have got one life. Why to regret when the moment is gone from your hands. (If you have a long time crush on your classmate, do tell him/her now<3).
A wise man once said “You must dream big dreams as only big dreams have the power to move the minds of men.”
When you begin to dream big, your level of self-confidence increases and you start working hard to change that dream into your achievement and don’t forget that dreaming is the first step in achieving your goals .
I never live my life based on the negative opinions of others. They don’t live my life — I do! So I believe in my own unlimited future, I will never give up, and I will reach every important goal I set. I have my own life to live, and with my unstoppable attitude and my undying spirit, I live it, I do it and I achieve it (Anonymous)